Saturday, June 12, 2010

ahh the passion.

I love passion, and I absolutely adore people who are passionate. This is what I experienced while watching England play USA.

Just to get it out there, my reason for supporting England was that USA essentially took over Panama in the 1900s to build the Canal for their own benefit, and kept it for over 100 years. The day that really troubles me is January 9th, 1964, known as el Dia de los Martires. Panamanians died that day, and this is the main reason why I cannot support the United States. I have a full scholarship from the Panama government, and I honor them, and their passions to death. I have lived in Panama my entire life, and that is simply who I am, nothing can change that.

Nonetheless, I do respect anyone who supports a team for their own reasons, its the passion of football. I disagree that it should ever get physical, but I do respect any and all who have a passion for something.

cheers, i leave for croatia in a few hours, qk.

No comments:

Post a Comment