Saturday, June 26, 2010

Una noche perfecta.. La Oreja de Van Gogh

I had heard of La Oreja de Van Gogh (LOVG) before, and I enjoyed their music. It wasn't until recently when I discussed with my friend Yarian that there was going to be a concert in Barcelona that I decided to start listening to some of their recent work.

I must say going to that concert was just... a phenomenal thing. We got lost at first, and we got extremely ripped off by a cab driver who took us from the airpor to the plaec he said the concert was for 45 euros. I do not why I agreed to the price, I just really wanted to get there. The price was ridiculous and we got obviously ripped off, but I wouldn't have it any other way. After walking around this beautiful town for a good 30 minutes, we turned around and magically saw a cab driver leave someone off. This great guy knew where the concert actually was and drove us there, to the town nearby. Once we got there, the song I had been listening to all day, Jueves - La Oreja de Van Gogh, started playing. I was just... in heaven. It was the most beautiful song of two people on a metro, and how they would stand in silence, with sometimes a glance, but never some words, until eventually a name is mentioned, and they kiss as the metro goes through a tunnel. It was in memory of the Madrid bombings on March 11, 2004, and to me it was just perfect. The concert went on, and I had a blast.

At the end of it, we went into this bar, and as we were speaking English, this local girl looked over, noticing that I was oddly speaking another language (we were in a completely Spanish town). She looked cute, and we interchanged looks, and after I walked out of the bar, I looked back once more, and we had that final look. Then after buying some food at OpenCor, and figuring out what we were going to get back, we walk back to OpenCor as that is where the cab driver is going to pick us up. In this walk, the girl and I pass by each other, and she asks me in Spanish, where I was from. There was something about her look that simply touched me. She was just beautiful, and had a beautiful persona, that I left the concert in a magical phase. There were many factors to it, but it could have not ended in a more phenomenal way.

And with that, I say good night,
Daniel.

No comments:

Post a Comment