Thursday, May 13, 2010

Here we go again..

For those of you who followed me last summer, you probably remember http://panama-europe.blogspot.com. Well, here I am again. This time, I flew into Europe from Atlanta, on May 12th, 2010, and arrived in Barcelona, a decent number of hours after transferring from London (Heathrow Airport).

I can't explain how glad I am to be at the 'Residencia Onix' in Barcelona, Spain. This place, unlike others, offers anything you will ever need to be a student studying abroad. Last year, I traveled 11 countries with only a backpack, this year, I have one goal in mind.

By the time I leave Europe, I will have visited more countries than the years I have been alive. Currently, you can check out my country list >>>, which has the 16 countries which I have been to. I only need four more countries to surpass my age, 19, and only like 10 hours after landing, I find myself waiting to check in for my next flight to Zurich, Switzerland. Switzerland will most likely be Country #17 :).

I like to keep count of many things, as you may see, and in addition to countries I have visited, last year my friends and I held the "100 Beers in Europe", wherein we tried to drink 100 different types of beers. I failed at keeping track effectively, so this year, it will be different. I will try to keep track of all the beers I have to the right, as well.

Lastly, my friend William decided to join me in Barcelona for the summer. We decided to have a different type of competition, inspired on the bar called 'Chupitos'. 'Chupitos' has over 600 types of shots, and they are all different. The competition starts on his arrival, and it has a variety of rules which I will explain later, if I remember, but the point is, whoever loses, or fails to get to 100 shots, has to take a rather embarrassing shot, called Monica Lewinsky. What that entails, I will leave for your imagination to figure out.

Other places which I am heavily interested in going to include:
Zurich, Switzerland
Deva, Romania.
Somewhere in, Croatia. :).
Denmark perhaps :D?

That is all for now. :).

No comments:

Post a Comment