Monday, May 17, 2010

My heart has calmed down now.

My heart has calmed down now. I’m very picky about airports, and when I get to them. Today, I got to the airport 2 hours in advance, and my heart was beating irregularly to say the least. I usually get here 3 hours in advance, but after I took tram 2 and got off at the wrong spot, I hurried to get to central station to take the main train to Flughafen or whatever it’s called (it means airport) to get to the airport. Of course, as I get here, the lady helps me check in and the usual, and then I go what gate? And she responds, it’s not out yet, it’s still a little early. Before I shook her and screamed in panic, I calmed down, and realized that I wasn’t that in a hurry. I mean, I still felt that way, but it wasn’t actually a true fear. I was panicking so much that I even had my ticket number with me but was unable to correctly enter it in the machine. I kept typing it in and missing a digit, so the guy had to come help me type in a number. At the time, I just felt relieved that I wasn’t going to miss my flight, but now, looking at it, how easy can it be to type in a number? God... I really had to relax more, but oh well. The jet lag was getting much better, after flying for the last week, I am more than ready to get to Barcelona, and settle down. I am going to start a money-saving plan, because I definitely spent too much money in Switzerland where I was, let’s just say too excited. I jumped off a canyon, I went to eat at fancy chocolate places, and took taxis. I obviously have to start using public transportation and use the metro in Barcelona, because my standard of living is too high. I will budget myself, and look at every little thing I spend, as to be honest, I have started to spend things on pleasures, and not just necessities. (Beer and shots are a necessity).
On a pleasant note, I spent an absolutely wonderful evening last night with a friend from Zurich. We had a spectacular cheese fondue, with a bottle of wine, and some great people I met. As the wine kept flowing, we came to the discussion of our actions, and how self-centered every individual is, and how the possibility of being selfless is inexistent. It was a great college topic, and it basically came to the conclusion that you can’t be selfless because you want to be selfless. It goes under the assumption that any action you take, you take it at the time because you want to take it, and if you want to take the action, it comes to give you, in the least, peace of mind. You do something always for yourself. Yes, the action may be selfless because you do it for someone else, but there is in the least, a benefit for yourself. The debate rounded upon whether there was truly a benefit to yourself for every action you took. I personally disagreed because I felt that getting peace of mind is a benefit you get when you do an action, but it is not the motive for your action. Your motivations can be truly selfless, and although the action is not selfless because you do always get some sort of benefit, if your motivations are selfless, then you are doing it solely for other people. It’s nice to get that off my head, and I am glad to finally calm down. It was a stressful day, but I learned from it. I can now control myself better, and I feel that this really helped me control my airport stress levels, and perhaps not go too early to catch a flight =p.
The time has come to leave the desires of this world, and begin yet again, to use what is cheap, and only necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment